Goodwill employees may click here for information
Update: Monday, July 7, 2020
As we work to keep you and our team members safe, please remember the following information when visiting our stores.
- For everyone's safety and in compliance with West Virginia state mandates, all staff and customers are required to wear masks or face coverings while in our stores. If you cannot wear a mask, please take advantage of our at-home shopping option, shopgoodwill.com.
- Our store hours are currently 10am - 7pm, 7 days a week.
- We are still reserving the first hour of each day (10am - 11am) for seniors and at-risk customers to shop.
- Our Color of the Week and .99 Sunday sales are currently ongoing. Please check our calendar for this week's color.
Update: Tuesday, June 16, 2020
As of Monday, June 15, 2020, all of our retail stores in both WV and PA are currently open. All stores are open from 10a - 7p, with 10a - 11a reserved for seniors and those at high risk. Store restrooms and dressing rooms are open and have increased cleaning schedules. Items that have been tried on in our dressing rooms will be put into a 24-hour quarantine before being returned to the sales floor. Click here for other information on how we're making shopping safe.
Our no-touch donation centers are open during store hours. Periodic closures of donation centers might be necessary due to overwhelming support from our donors. Please check our Donate page for a list, updated daily, of donation centers that are open. We cannot accept large furniture items at this time. This includes but is not limited to couches, large tables, and dressers. Your donations must be able to fit in our self-serve donation boxes.
Our Color of the Week and .99 Sunday sales are currently ongoing. Please check our calendar for this week's color.
Update: Friday, May 22, 2020
As of Friday, May 22, 2020 - these PA stores will be open for shopping:
With this opening, all of our stores in both PA and WV are currently open. We are open from 10a - 7p, with 10a - 11a reserved for seniors and those at high risk.
Update: Thursday, May 21, 2020
As of Thursday, May 21, 2020 - these PA stores will be open for shopping:
- Mount Pleasant
- Peters Township
These stores join our other locations open for shopping from 10a-7p everyday.
Update: Wednesday, May 20, 2020
As of Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - these PA stores will be open for shopping:
- Belle Vernon
- North Huntingdon
- North Hills
- South Side
- Monroeville Pop Up Outlet
These stores join our other locations open for shopping from 10a-7p everyday. Please note that we cannot accept large furniture items at this time. This includes but is not limited to couches, large tables, and dressers. Your donations must be able to fit in our self-serve donation boxes.
Update: Tuesday, May 19, 2020
As Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - these PA stores will be open for shopping:
- Heidelberg Outlet
- West Mifflin
These stores join our other locations open for shopping from 10a-7p everyday. Click here to see how we're making shopping safe for you and our staff.
Update: Monday, May 18, 2020
As Monday, May 18, 2020 - these PA stores will be open for shopping:
- Centre Ave.
- Cranberry (Freedom Road)
- Cranberry (Route 19)
- Natrona Heights
- North Versailles Outlet
This is in addition to our 6 West Virginia locations. We will be open from 10a - 7p, with 10a - 11a reserved for seniors and those at high risk.
Update: Thursday, May 14, 2020
Our Bridgeport, Buckhannon and Elkins stores have reopened as of Thursday, May 14. Please check the graph below for up-to-date information.
Update: Monday, May 11, 2020
Some Goodwill stores are reopening, starting Tuesday, May 12. Stores will be reopening in phases. Please check this page for an up-to-date graph on which stores are currently open.
Let’s talk about a few changes we’re making to make your return to Goodwill safe and enjoyable.
- We will have limited store hours from 10am - 7pm, 7 days a week. We are reserving the first hour of each day (10am - 11am) for seniors and at-risk customers to shop.
- We are limiting the number of people in our stores and setting up one-way aisles to ensure social distancing.
- For everyone’s safety, Goodwill employees will be wearing masks, and we strongly encourage all of our customers to do the same. (By order of the PA Governor, all staff and customers in our Pennsylvania stores are required to wear masks or face coverings unless covered by a medical exemption.)
- Please note that our Color of the Week and .99 Sundays are currently on hold as our stores reopen. Our standing weekly discounts for seniors and students, teachers, first responders and military members (active duty and veterans) are still ongoing.
- Finally, we are offering a 25% discount every day to medical professionals as a thank you for their efforts in serving our communities during the COVID-19 crisis.
Thank you all for your support and we are anxious to see you at our stores once again.
Update: Monday, May 4, 2020
All of our WV no-touch donation centers are open daily from 9am until 5pm.
Periodic closures of our donations centers are necessary for our staff to replace full donation containers. These closures are meant to ensure safe social distancing for our limited staff and you! Once all bins are ready, our center will reopen. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Click here for information on how we're making donations safe for everyone. You can also click here to see how easy it is to donate at one of our self-service donation areas.
Update: Thursday, March 26, 2020
At Goodwill, our mission is to put people to work. Last year, we provided 10,624 adults and youth in our communities with life-changing job training and education programs. We anticipate a greater need than ever in the coming months. All of our retail stores, which provide well over half of our funding, have been closed. Your monetary donations are so important right now.
A generous funder will match your monetary donation 1:1. That means, if you give $20, Goodwill will receive $40. Click here to give now.
While our stores are closed, please continue to shop with us online. ShopGoodwill.com offers a great way to support our programs and services during this time.
When this crisis passes, people will turn to Goodwill to get back on their feet. We will be there for them.
For the latest information on our coronavirus response, keep an eye on this webpage or follow us on social media.
Update: Tuesday, March 24, 2020
Keeping our community healthy and safe by helping to contain the spread of COVID-19 is the highest priority at Goodwill NCWV. As a reminder, our stores and donation centers are closed at this time. We are strongly urging donors to hold donations until our donation centers reopen.
With donation centers closed, items left outside donation doors and exposed to the weather could be damaged or ruined. Please allow us to be the best stewards of your donations as we can be and wait to donate until we can properly receive and process your items. There will be a great need for them in the coming weeks and we thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you for supporting Goodwill.
Update: Thursday, March 19, 2020
For the safety of our employees, shoppers, and our West Virginia community, all Goodwill of North Central West Virginia stores will be closing at the end of the day on Thursday, March 19, 2020. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we adapt to this constantly changing, unprecedented situation.
Monday, March 16, 2020 - Updated 6:00pm
A message from Michael J. Smith, President/CEO of Goodwill of North Central West Virginia
Goodwill of North Central West Virginia’s mission is to support the people we serve by improving lives and enriching communities through the power of work. We are committed to the health and safety of our employees, program participants, donors, and shoppers while we closely monitor recommendations from health officials.
Our response to limit the spread of COVID-19 is to implement a plan based on social distancing strategies that health experts recommend. We will continue to provide our programs to vulnerable populations, utilizing reduced hours, on-line service delivery and social distancing strategies wherever possible. For any questions about our programs and services, please contact our Welcome Center at 1-877-499-3526 or email email@example.com.
In addition, please be advised that we are reducing all Goodwill Store hours from 11am to 7pm daily so that community members who rely on our donated goods program will still be able to access it.
Here are some of the other things we are doing to keep everyone at Goodwill safe:
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting at all Goodwill locations including stores and program service areas. All sites are periodically wiping down areas that are commonly touched, such as door handles, elevator buttons, ADA buttons, stair railings, kitchen appliances, counters, etc. with a disinfectant or sanitizing wipes.
- Additional actions we are taking to keep people safe include asking employees to stay home if they are experiencing any symptoms, continuing to follow important hygiene precautions such as regular hand washing for at least 20 seconds, using hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol and covering our noses and mouths when coughing and sneezing.
- In addition, Goodwill has dedicated safety team and program designed to quickly respond to scenarios like this and our organization will continue to refine and implement new procedures as needed as new and more information is developed.
As the situation evolves, individual locations may implement additional preventative measures, including staffing or service modifications. We will communicate necessary changes within their location to the community being served. Should any changes to our operations occur, we will post information on this on our webpage (www.goodwillncwv.org) and our social media (www.facebook.com/goodwillncwv/).
Thank you in advance for your patience as we work through this situation to determine how best to continue to serve the community, while maintaining our focus where it belongs: on our employees, program participants, and those who rely on Goodwill’s donated goods program. Members of the Goodwill community have my personal pledge of always demonstrating Goodwill’s value of honesty and doing the right thing as we face this challenge together.