Goodwill of Southwestern Pennsylvania is a human service agency and network of not-for-profit businesses whose mission is to help people overcome barriers to employment and enjoy the dignity and benefits of work and improved quality of life.
Under a franchise-like agreement with Goodwill Industries International, we serve eight counties in southwestern Pennsylvania (Allegheny, Armstrong, Butler, Beaver, Fayette, Greene, Washington and Westmoreland) and nine counties in north central West Virginia (Barbour, Harrison, Lewis, Marion, Monongalia, Preston, Randolph, Taylor and Upshur).
With over 1,100 Team Members and annual revenues of nearly $60 million, our agency ranks as one of the largest Goodwill organizations in the U.S.
Goodwill was founded in Boston in 1902 and has evolved into a large and diverse international organization that includes more than 200 autonomous, community-based agencies in the United States, Canada and other countries.
The first Goodwill workshop in Pittsburgh opened in the Strip District in 1919. After operating in several other locations and growing over the years, the agency moved in 1967 to the South Side, a building that once was the “company store” of J & L Steel Corporation. In 2010, Goodwill moved its Workforce Development Center to Lawrenceville!
As one of the largest social and human service organizations in the region, Goodwill serves thousands of people each year and helps thousands of individuals find jobs.